Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Homesick and more

Homesickness is rearing it's very ugly head right now. I miss my Mom and Dad. I miss my kids, even though I know if I was at home, they still wouldn't speak to me. I miss America and everyday life there. By early next year, I will be back, but for now....

The heat is not helping. It's been over 100F everyday for so long that it is hard to remember that week of cool temps and afternoon showers not so long ago. Evidently though, this is unusually hot for this time of year and this place. I don't know why that makes me feel a little better. It doesn't bring the temperature down any.

I am lonely. My love works, which is of course necessary and understandable. But, when he comes home I WANT TO TALK....about anything and nothing. But, this communication problem is always there. I am not a patient person. I get frustrated. His English speaking is ok, but his comprehension when I am talking to him is not so good. SO, he either nods and smiles (first clue that he doesn't understand) or he starts talking about something else before I have finished my thought and so the sirens and bells start going off in my head.

That's one thing I have noticed with a lot of people here. They talk over each other and don't seem to listen too well when others are talking. A culture thing, I guess.

And people here LOVE their TV. When we go and visit friends, the damn thing is usually on. When my love is at home, the TV is on. Needless to say, any talking is done during commercials - reklam.

When I was in America, I didn't care for the TV shows. I watched Netflix films mostly if the TV was on. But, it didn't get turned on until after supper and then was only on until the movie was over.

I am afraid, unsure and hoping this weather breaks soon for my mental health and well being.