Monday, October 22, 2007

Seedlings

Just have a few short comments and observations to make. Things are really hoppin' around here with preparations for the wedding and other things that I will talk about soon.

1. Slackbastard has commentary on the Novi Sad Nazi/Antifascist rally held recently. He took the words right out of my mouth.

2. My home state of Louisiana has made history! A reformer with an actual history of reform has won the governor's election. This is exciting news for a state that always ranks at the bottom of every list of rankings for jobs, education, income, etc. Looks like all the talk about throwing the bums out after Katrina may actually happen.

3. I made my first batch of sarma all by myself yesterday. This dish is my favorite of everything I have tasted since being here. With the weather being cold and rainy, it is a perfect time for sarma.

4. I've been deep cleaning the apartment the past couple of weeks. One thing I have noticed is how watery the cleaners are here. When I squirt some cleaner onto my sponge, I have to make sure I am holding it level or it will drip off. Jeeze.

5. We went to this huge store on Friday night. It's called Mega Market and it really is mega. It has the same type of goods as our Super WalMarts back home...household, electronics, food, bakery, etc. We were able to find this tea that we love and have looked for everywhere. It's called "Red African Bush Tea" by Fructus and it is really good when you have an upset stomach. The box has a picture of a woman who is not wearing a top - I suppose she is supposed to be African, but she looks European with a nice tan. We call it the "Tea with the Big Boobies", ala "Allo, Allo" one of our favorite TV series.