Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Sunshine in the Rain

Today my son wrote me an email and told me that he wants to have a relationship with me again. He has been having a hard time adjusting...to school and to life with just his Dad, as his sister has moved out. He has had some problems and I have wanted to help, but couldn't.

This is one of the happiest days of my life. I didn't think he would ever speak to me again other than to tell me that he hated me. He sent me a picture of him and a song. He and I love music and he knows I like to listen to some of the same things he does.

My son and I have always been so close. Leaving him was the hardest thing of all. I'm not going to go into all the details. Just that my divorce has been hard on my kids and it is all my fault.

Dwelling on the guilt is something I do all of the time, and I really must let it go. Having him email me the past two days has done so much to help me that I can't really express it.

I look forward to the healing for him and for me. I feel like for the first time in many years, my prayers are being heard. This is not a religious blog, nor am I a religious person anymore, but I am grateful.