Friday, February 9, 2007

I Have Returned!

I have returned from a two month trip back to the US. I had some loose ends to tie up there and my departure was sudden.

While I was in the US, eating junk food as well as just regular high calorie home cooked meals, I really packed on some pounds. Altogether about 15 pounds. Of course, it was during Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years, so I'm sure I am not the only American who put on a few pounds...hahaha.

I was also very unhappy to be away from here and food becomes solace sometimes....not a good thing, I know.

I am so happy to be back here, where food is healthy and where I can walk off this weight. We have been walking everyday, visiting friends, running errands, holding hands and just enjoying the peacefulness of this place and celebrating our love for each other.

When I got back, I was greeted by everyone as if they had looked for me everyday. It made me feel so good. My love has done everything he can do to make sure I am comfortable, even though my return was also fairly sudden and he had little time to prepare.

It has been unseasonably warm here. A week or so before I came back, they had a little bit of snow fall. And the day I flew in, it had snowed a bit in Belgrade.

I am from the South, so naturally the thought of a beautiful snowfall appeals to me. I am hoping it will snow soon. Not a dramatic snowfall, just a few inches would be fine.

This weekend, we will take a train up to the North to visit family. I am looking forward to seeing what that part of Serbia looks like. I think Novi Sad is the most beautiful part, but of course I am prejudiced and partial towards green grass, dark farmland and seeing mountains in the distance on a beautiful, clear day. (They call them hills, but for a flatlander from Louisiana, they are mountains.)

If anyone else is reading this, please take a moment to celebrate with me my return to this special place with such special people.