Monday, December 17, 2007

Greetings From Longview Texas

I am in Longview, TX now. I have been here for about 2 weeks. I am living with my parents...starting over. My husband is still in Novi Sad. We are waiting for papers from a former student of his who will co-sponsor him with me. I am also trying to find a job so that I can sponsor him.

I bought a little car and will be looking for an apartment for us soon. Everyone here has been very friendly and very helpful, so I feel good about making this our home.

It is nice to be close to my son. We have had two very nice weekend visits so far. He was at the airport to meet me, which was a surprise.

I spoke to my daughter, but have not seen her.

I miss my husband and my friends in Novi Sad. This is very hard. On the one hand, I know we can be happy in America. On the other hand, this is a slow process and I miss my husband terribly. I would not recommend to newlyweds that they be alone during the holidays.


I'm not sure what I will be doing for Christmas Eve. My parents will probably go to my ex's house to see my kids. I'm not invited. I may go to the local church here for Midnight Mass...I'm not sure. I know I will spend Christmas day with my parents, so that will be nice. My son will probably come spend a few days with me after Christmas.